Development and Events Intern
Gain firsthand experience in fundraising. The internship will focus on grassroots outreach to engage and connect with new opportunities
The goal for this internship will be strengthen the organizations mission with a focus on stewardship and community outreach. The intern will gain first-hand experience in each step of the development process from researching prospects, cultivation, solicitation, all the way through to fulfillment of grants and corporate sponsorships.
- Take part in planning sessions to develop strategies and goals around our outreach.
- Assist with communications across all forms of media, including emailing, website, blog, social media and print media.
- Identify opportunities with corporations, foundations and government agencies, as well as individuals to raise critical funds for the organization.
- Learn how to create content for donor publications and general communications outreach.
- Attend programs and special fundraising events.
Video and Digital Media Intern
Serve as an intern on the Public Relations team. The internship will focus on creating daily content for exisiting social media platforms and blogs. Creating press kits and email marketing campaigns and updating our online production of video content for use by OceansGlobal to promote its programs; fundraising, and brand awareness. Applicants must have familiarity with editing software and tools such as Final Cut, Adobe Premier, MotionPro, AfterEffects. Updating website on SquareSpace
The goal for this internship will be to add value to the work of the organization and in particular, maximize and synergize creative assets.
- Develop strategy for the content and execution of various videos for PR usage.
- Understanding of lighting, audio and shooting techniques for best usage.
- Develop interviewing skills..
- Strengthen post-production editing skills and software familiarity.
- Develop skills for the duplication, presentation and distribution.
Marine Biologist Intern
Serve as an intern on the exploration and marine sustainability team. Applicants must have their advanced open water scuba cert and access to gear.
The internship will focus on research and documentation of marine eco-systems..
- Develop strategy for documenting underwater marine environments.