SIGN UP HERE! The tournament honors the legacy of Kirk McNulty, a surfer, diver, brother, and son. Kirk was a world class waterman who was inspired by everything ocean. Although some of you may not have known Kirk we hope that you will participate as we are a small family of spearfishermen here on the West Coast. .
A $29.20 entry is required prior to spearing a fish. Proceeds will be donated to the White Seabass Hatchery Program led by Hubbs-Seaworld to help improve the WSB population on our coast.
Please join us in the 5th Annual tournament to celebrate Kirk's life and passion for the sea. Winners will be chosen by Top 3 Biggest Fish. In order to help further the efforts of White Seabass Hatchery Program led by Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute we have made it mandatory that fish heads are turned in to qualify your catch for placement (Drop off locations below). If the fish head(s) have been tagged an additional prize will be given and determined by the fish that has traveled the furthest from its grow out location.
OceansGlobal highly recommends that divers have a freediving certification from Performance Freediving International (PFI), Freediving Instructors International (FII) or the equivalent. Safety courses and dive insurance provided by Divers Alert Network (DAN) is also recommended.
The Awards Party and raffle will be held May 12 or 19th at Tarsan in Redondo Beach, CA.
Clothing & Accessories
Click the links to view 2018 Leaderboard, 2017 Leaderboard, 2016 Leaderboard, 2015 Leaderboard, and 2014 winners and video and be sure to join our Facebook Page to keep up with current fish counts and tournament stats.
First to submit a White Seabass - TBD
1st Place - Perpetual Trophy - rotates annually, personal trophy - TBD from the list above.
2nd Place - personal trophy - TBD from the list above.
3rd Place - personal trophy - TBD from the list above.
Sustainable Fish Award - Most WSB heads turned into drop off locations during the tournament period. - TBD from the list above.
All head submissions are entered into a raffle to win a mounted sea bass jaw by Dead Water Jaw Mounts.
You must be registered in the tournament prior to spearing your fish. No exceptions.
All WSB must be submitted between March 1, 2018 and April 30, 2018 and Fish heads must be labeled (Participants Name, OceansGlobal and location of where the fish was caught) and dropped at a certified location to qualify for placement.
Fish must be caught while freediving with spearguns and pole spears. No tanks, fishing poles, or chum can be used to capture fish.
Fish are required to be legal species and sizes according to the California Department of Wildlife and Mexico Oficina de Pesca.
Need Photo of Catch and Digital Scale readout (photo of fish/weight must be taken on land, not from boat. Image should carry a date stamp with the time and date the photo was taken. Please submit photos to Clark@OceansGlobal.org.
- Calif. Dept. of Fish and Wildlife (805) 568-1221
- Sea Landing (805) 963-3564
- Eric’s Tackle (805) 648-5665
- Channel Islands Sportfishing Center (805) 985-8511
Marina Del Rey
- Marina Del Rey Sportfishing (310) 822-3625
- Redondo Beach Boat Hoist (310) 374-3481
San Pedro/Long Beach
- 22nd Street Sportfishing (310) 832-8304
- Long Beach Sportfishing (562) 432-8993
- Pierpoint Landing (562) 983-9300
Santa Catalina Island
- Avalon Fish Market (at the end of the pier) - (310) 510-0197
- Two Harbors (harbor patrol office on the pier) - (310) 510-4253
Los Alamitos/Huntington Beach
- Calif. Dept. of Fish and Wildlife (562) 342-7111
- Pacific Edge Bait & Tackle (714) 840-4262
- Mako Matt’s Marine (714) 893-7743
- Angler’s Center (949) 642-6662
- Balboa Angling Club (949) 673-6216
- Davey’s Locker (949) 673-1434
- Newport Landing Sportfishing (949) 675-0550
- Dana Wharf Sportfishing (949) 496-5794
- Hogans Bait & Tackle (949) 493-3528
- Jig Stop Tackle & Tours (949) 496-3555
- Helgren’s Sportfishing (760) 722-2133
- Leon Raymond Hubbard, Jr. Hatchery (760) 434-9501
- Blue Water Tackle (858)350-8505
- James and Joseph Spearfishing Supplies (619) 295-3705
- Dana Landing (Mission Bay) - (619) 226-2929
- Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute (619) 226-3870
- Calif. Dept. of Fish and Wildlife (858) 467-4201